Friday 25 June 2010


I have a blog, and gallery, on the Painters Online website, linked to The Artist and Leisure Painter magazines - anyone interested in painting would be interested to join the forum there, and contribute their own thoughts and images. Visit it as www.painters-online.co.uk.
I seem to be working mainly in acrylic at the moment - my most recent is maybe just a bit "busy", but - well, I don't know; I'm told people like it. Would be good if someone would prove that by buying it, but we mustn't ask for the moon: we have the stars!
I've moved a long way from the limited palette ideal - the idea being that the fewer colours you use, i.e. tubes of colour, the better. But I'm trying a very limited palette in my latest, on the easel now, of White, Alizarin Crimson, Cadmium Red, Burnt Sienna, Gold Ochre, Cadmium Yellow, and Ultramarine. Even that is more than some would use; and I doubt I shall be able to restrict myself to this list - I feel the hand straying to other colours. Discipline! Let discipline be our watchword....

No comments:

Post a Comment